Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So-Long-Summer Shrimp Salad!

I'm back! And still not able to eat solid food (yay for me!) but my hubster is so he's got to eat and I've got to cook. Before I get into the dish for tonight I just want to give a big thank you to Ms. Kaci my trusty sidekick and second banana for sharing her wonderful Banoffee Pie with us and for checking on me even if she is 4 states away. You're the best Kaci and you flat out rock!!!! And to my sweet husband who took care of me and listened to my whining and whimpering until I felt well enough to not keep myself doped up on pain meds. I love you honey, thank you for being awesome and for your guest post it was delicious!

Now then, tomorrow there is a slight chance of snow in the forecast and I couldn't be more excited! So as a formal farewell to a sweltering summer I decided that a shrimp salad would be the best way to say goodbye. So here it is my so long summer shrimp salad, it's warm enough for winter but good enough to help you say goodbye.

You'll need:

1 lb. shrimp, raw and deveined
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
5 oz. baby arugula
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt
Pepper

In a large skillet eat the olive oil over medium high heat and roast the tomatoes until they start to blister. This should take about 2 minutes, next add the garlic until it's fragrant, about 30 seconds. You will want to stand back when the tomatoes roast as the little guys do tend to pop and sizzle a lot. And it hurts if you're in the crossfire.






Add the shrimp and cook it, stirring it often until the shrimp is almost opaque throughout. Add the arugula and season with salt and pepper and toss it until it's wilted. It will look like a lot of arugula when you put it in the skillet but trust me it WILL cook down.








Take it off the the heat and serve it immediately. You can serve it by itself like I did for my hubby tonight as I wasn't able to eat any of it or you can pair it with your favorite vegetables. It's easy, delicious and filling enough for the heartiest of appetites.











Happy Eating!











No comments:

Post a Comment