Monday, November 8, 2010

Camille's Crockpot Chicken and Noodles!

My mother in law invited us over to her house for dinner a couple of weekends ago and on the menu was this dish my hubs was raving about. Chicken and noodles. The day came and I could smell it and it smelled amazing and when I saw it I was skeptical because I am a big texture person and if it doesn't look like it will feel good then I won't like it. I was worried. I honestly thought, "Oh no, what if I don't like it? I'll embarrass my husband!" Finally it was time to eat and I served myself a nice portion to start off with because I have a motto and as a food junkie it's one I have to live by and that is: Try everything once! I took a bite and it was phenomenal! I felt so bad for even considering it might not be good. And it's so super easy to make you'll be going back for seconds like me....and thirds...

You'll need:

3 Chicken Breasts
2 10.5 oz Cream of chicken soup
1 cup diced onions
3 Tbsp garlic
2 cups water
1 16 oz bag noodles (fettuccine or linguine)
1 cup chicken stock
Salt
Pepper


You'll also need your trusty Crockpot for this one! Put the chicken in the cockpot with the water soup, onions and garlic and cook for 6 hours until the chicken is almost falling apart. about 30 minutes before the 6 hours are up cook your noodles until they are al dente and drain them well. After the chicken has cooked 6 hours take it out and put it in a separate bowl and with a fork and tongs start to shred it until it's little threads of chicken. While the chicken is out of the crock pot add the noodles and chicken stock to the soup mixture and mix it well. If it's too thick add a little more chicken stock. You don't want it to be runny but you do want it to be loosened up enough that you're able to mix the chicken in without tearing any noodles. Finally, add the chicken and mix it well.

My Crockpot has a 'Keep Warm' feature but if nothing else just keep it covered on low until dinner time or you're ready to serve. The husband will swear by putting it over mashed potatoes but over or with doesn't matter as long as they're together. Also green beans go awesome with this dish too!











Happy Eating!









1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely 100% delicious!!! I was warned it would make a bunch and it did! So glad this was shared, I can see this being a staple in our household, especially during the winter.

    ReplyDelete