Thursday, November 18, 2010

Josie's Pumpkin Crunch!

We have exactly 7 days left until Thanksgiving! I'm so excited and I can't wait to go down to southern Indiana with my husband and his family. A lot of you might be taking dishes or desserts to a family members house this year. But why not make a splash with Mamaw Josie's Pumpkin Crunch? It's delicious, not anywhere near nutritious and isn't that what we want during the holidays? Oh sure, you could call me a bad person for making you cheat on that diet but come on, you know a bite won't kill you.... go on... just a nibble...

You'll need:

2 cups pumpkin
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
12 oz evaporated milk
4 eggs, beaten
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 1/2 sticks butter, sliced
1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Cool Whip or whipped cream


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and in a large bowl combine the first six ingredients and mix until there are no clumps or bumps. Next, grease a 9x13 cake pan and pour in the batter evenly and sprinkle the entire cake mix on top. Do not mix it in or anything but just sprinkle it on top. After that, sprinkle on the pecans and place pats of butter on top. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Take it out and let it cool. You can serve it warm or cooled off with Cool Whip or whipped cream.



This recipe was passed on to my mom from my sisters grandmother-in-law Mamaw Josie Carter and I had to share it with you all because it really is one of the best desserts I've ever had and is now a Thanksgiving staple for me and my family. Enjoy, gobble gobble and...









Happy Eating!










No comments:

Post a Comment