Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One Arm Lemon-Rosemary Chicken!

Hey there folks! So, today I was thinking, what is something savory and amazing I can make with little or no time? The hubby was due home in an hour so I started to defrost some chicken and headed outside in my fuzzy lounge pants and slippers to our herb "garden" (it's mostly just a patch of over grown plants) on the prowl for some rosemary. I guess it's pretty cold here in Indiana because all I found were probably the last 2 dried up bushes of the season. I got as much as I could off of them and headed back inside. I found a lemon that had been rolling around my crisper for about 3 weeks and decided that this would be dinner. So, after he got home and went upstairs to get changed, I got to work. Since I don't like to wash my hands 9,000 times because I have sensitive mitts and they dry out easily I made this with one arm and one hand. Using one hand to work with the chicken and the other to handle the ingredients. Challenging, yes, but it's possible if you have everything ready and opened before you start and are willing to work with your left hand. So here we go!


You'll need:

3 chicken breasts (as always I use boneless skinless)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp garlic
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup rosemary sprigs
1/4 cup onion
1 lemon sliced 1/2 inch thick or about 7 slices

Preheat the oven to 375 and in a covered 8x8 casserole dish place the chicken breast side down so that it's not overlapping. Pour 2 Tbsp of olive oil over the chicken as evenly as possible. Next, sprinkle 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper over one side of the chicken. Rub this in so it's well seasoned and then flip the little guys over and repeat with the remaining 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp garlic and rub it in good. After that, toss the 1/4 cup of onions on top. Finally, place the sprigs of rosemary on the chicken and cover with the lemon slices. Try to get as much of the rosemary and lemon on the chicken. Cover it and bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until it reaches the internal temp of 165, or the liquid runs clear.

Take it out and you can either serve it with the lemon and rosemary on it or take it off, but don't eat the lemon or rosemary -- it's only there for flavor. We served it up with broccoli and cheese but it goes great with any side. May your flavors be bright and your chicken juicy and as always...












Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment