Monday, October 11, 2010

First food blog!

As someone who just got married I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the gifts, unpacking and organizing that at this moment seem pretty much endless. But at the end of the day the only thing that matters is my new husband and getting him fed and out the door in the morning and having a good dinner ready for him at night.

I have never been to culinary school but I do know my way around a kitchen. I'm not a pro and do not claim to be so if something doesn't come out like it's supposed to, well, then I can't be held responsible. But I wanted to start this blog for everyone from newlyweds, seasoned pro's, Mom's and Johns working or not to just the average Jane who needs to throw together a quick fix or a big meal to feed big appetites.

On the menu this week is:

Tortilla Soup- that should last you at least 2 days depending on how many mouths to feed. But for me and my husband it usually takes us 2 days to finish it.

4 Cheese Lasagna- which should feed for 3 days and maybe a little extra to freeze! :)

Teriyaki Chicken- which will only feed us for 1 day but you can double this recipe and it will be good to go for 6 instead of 3.

Beef Stew- This is my mama's recipe and can feed 3 people for 2-3 days. I only share it with a few people. :O

My husband and I have no problem eating leftovers but even we get tired of them. So we may cook different meals during the week. Keep checking back to see what we're making for the day.

This is all I have for now come back tonight for the play by play of the tortilla soup. I hope I'll be able to walk you through a few successful meals to make your dining experience a little less complicated and full of a lot more flavor.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment