Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hunters Chops!

My husband came home yesterday to find me working hard on a Hello Kitty coloring book and this posed the question, 'Will there be dinner tonight?' Thinking about something that would make him forgive me for slacking I decided on these delicious pork chops that are easy but require a little more attention than I'm used to. So, I got to work chopping and prepping to help the process run as smoothly as possible and before I knew it I was done. I hope you enjoy this one, it's one of my favorites!

You'll need:

4 boneless porkchops (about a pound)
1 1/2 cups sliced bell peppers (red and green)
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1 14 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning (divided)
1 1/2 cups sliced onions
2 tsp chopped garlic


In a small bowl mix the salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp of the Italian seasoning. Scatter and rub this on both sides of the chops. Coat a large nonstick skillet, preferably with a lid, with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the chops and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they're browned. Removed to a plate and cover to keep them warm. I usually just stuff them in the microwave until I'm ready for them.

Reduce the heat to medium and add the bell peppers and onions to the pan. Cover and let them cook for about 5 minutes until they're almost soft.

Then dump in the mushrooms and garlic and let that cook for about 1 minute. After that, add the tomatoes (with juice) and the remaining 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning and return the chops, and any juice they may have made while sitting, to the skillet and cover with the vegetable mixture.

At this point you'll need to turn the heat to low and let them simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.

Take them out, and serve them with the vegetables and enjoy! These go great with crescents or biscuits. Hope you like enjoy them and as always...







Happy Eating!






1 comment:

  1. I am making this chops tonight, so they better be good Markita or I'm coming for you! LOL j/k I'm excited, they look tasty! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete